View all images of Werner Building
|1929||Building is erected|
There are probably many west side residents who remember when this commercial block housed "Uncle Sam's" West Side Post Office. The building was erected in 1929 for Charles F Werner for several uses. Evansville Postal Station B shared ground floor space with Werner's attorney, realty and insurance offices and, on the second floor, there were two rental apartment suites. Station B still around 1965 Architecht Eli Stingle designed the building and Matt Hallenberger, a West Side contractor, did the construction work. Like the Rosenberger building, Werner's business block has managed to survive the years with its original architectural program virtually unaltered.