View all images of Walnut Street Presbyterian
|1926||Vacated when Walnut Street merges with Grace Presby|
|1927||First Christian Church moves in|
|1944||Destroyed by fire but replaced with new church|
Foundation laid in 1859 and services held in basement for first 2 years. Congregation moves from its old location, the "Little Church on the Hill". The new church is dedicated February 1863 and was renamed Walnut Street Presbyterian.
In 1926, Walnut Street merged with Grace Presbyterian to become First Presbyterian. The two churches, which both had ties to the "Little Church on the Hill", finally rejoined forces after a theological division in 1837 caused their split.
Sold to First Chrisitan congregation in 1926 later became first christian church after c1927/1949? 77 First Presbyterian Church Presbyterian Corner of 2nd and Walnut Church 1871 - 1872 Walnut 164 Presbyterian NewSchool Presbyterian SW corner 2nd and Walnut Streets 1858 - 1871 2nd first christian church 121 walnut 125 walnut 
destroyed by fire dec 10 1944 A new church was rebuilt 1948 colonial revival new sanctuary built on same spot but several created new east side church weinbach and baryard