View all images of St. Paul's UCC
|1891||Church is built|
|1896||Church becomes St Paul's German Evangelical|
|1922||Hall erected to right (east)|
|1935||Sunday School built to left (north)|
|1961||School and chapel built to far right (east)|
St. Paul's UCC church was built in 1891 as St. Peter's German Reformed Church. It appears as Evangelische Reformirte Petri Kirche in the 1895 sanborn.
The congregation did not succeed, and 1896 the building was transferred to the German Evangelical Church and renamed St. Paul's Evangelical
In 1922 a Sunday school hall was built to the left of the main church (east)
Another addition was erected in 1935 to the right of the main church (north) as an educational annex
When the German Evangelical and German Reformed churches merged around 1935, the congregation is then called St. Paul's Evangelical and Reformed Church (E & R)
The church was renamed St Paul's United Church of Christ (UCC) when the church merged with the Congregational Church in the 1957
In 1961 a new school and chapel were added. These additions to the far right (east) were built with yellow brick.
remodel/big wing in rear? 1985
You can in the stone over the south doorway "St Paul's" is more worn than the other text. This is probably because of the name change of St Peter
Some of the old city directories list church on northwest corner