View all images of St. Boniface Convent
|1907||Sisters' home is built|
moved from school In 1907, a 15-room, state-of-the-art sisters' home was erected. It was a two story brick Georgian revival building designed by Harris & Shopbell. It is still standing on the south side of the block, but it was vacated in November 22, 1978 due to shortage of nuns. When the school opened, the Ursuline Sisters from Louisville who taught there temporarily stayed at the original St. Mary's Hospital in the old Marine Hospital on Ohio St. The parish obtained a house on the southwest corner of Virginia St and 10th Ave in November 1881. The sisters stayed at this home (which is still standing) until 1886 when they moved into the second school building mentioned above.