View all images of Steel Scaffolding Co
|c1940||Remodeled after fire|
The Steel Scaffolding 1913 founded 1912 by j r goodwin A small addition was designed by Frank J Schlotter in 1924. Rear addition and one story office
The booming company however still needed more space. In 1926 a brick addition was planned expanding the plant to 1101-7 N Governor
A fire April 21, 1938 gutted the facility, but it was repaired and modernized.
Steel Scaffolding was bought out by Patent Scaffolding Co in 1943. The company ceased operations here summer 1944 because of WWII and moved operations to a Chicago plant. Acme Sheet Metal and Furnace Co and Aalco Construction Co bought the property and used it jointly.
Schnacke Inc air conditioning and refrigeration equipment 1950s
sheet metal working 1962 later expanded 1109-13 >1962 ?acme sheet metal ?acme hudson co - mechanical and body work 1949