Historic Evansville

The definitive site for all things historic in Evansville

Springdale Chapel

Springdale Chapel
Springdale Chapel

View all images of Springdale Chapel

a.k.a. Old Immanuel Presbyterian

Central Ave
Evansville, IN

Quick Timeline

1905 Church is relocated from nearby
1929 Addition built in rear
1949 Present church replaces original building


SE corner Central Ave (Missouri St) and Park St
District: Blankenburg
Latitude: 37.987538
Longitude: -87.58645
View map of nearby sites




Springdale Mission church grace presbyterian mission of grace presby park and central- present day park and missouri [1900] 64 Emanuel Grace Presbyterian SE corner Park ST & Central Ave 1904 Park 115 Grace Presbyterian MSN Presbyterian SE corner Park ST & Central Avenue 1893 - 1901 Park 185 Springdale Chapel Presbyterian SE corner Park ST and Central Ave. 1902 - 1903 Park Grace Presbyterian organized Springdale Mission church in Sept 1891 Commonly known as Sprindale Presbyterian Mission or Springdale Chapel srpingdale mission building completed dec 1893 springdale prebyterian mission emauel presbyterian church / immanuel springdale chapel 1903 emanuel grace presbyterian 1904

Springdale was officially renamed Immanuel Presbyterian 1904

In April 1905, the church was physically moved to its present location at the corner of Fountain and State (Fifth Ave). The original church building was razed sometime around 1949 when a new one was built. A duplex occupied the old site by 1910.

See also Churches / Religion Blankenburg district

Research notes

+ Show research notes