View all images of Sacred Heart
|1928||Church moves from school building|
Founded in 1885, Sacred Heart was orginally located in a church building at Tenth and Iowa, near St. Boniface. The church moved to Franklin St in 1914 when the school and rectory were built. Mass was held in the school building for several years.
In 1921 a convent was built
In 1928 a new Sacred Heart Church was constructed. It was copied from the chapel at Mundelein Seminary near Chicago and was designed by Fowler & Legeman. The new church was built at a cost of $102,000 and was located between the school and the rectory. The Sacred Heart of Jesus was dedicated April 14, 1929.
A renovation occurred in 1952