Historic Evansville

The definitive site for all things historic in Evansville

Rheinlander School

Rheinlander School


Rheinlander School

View all images of Rheinlander School

a.k.a. Perry Township School No. 8

315 S Tekoppel Ave
Evansville, IN

Quick Timeline

1915 School is built
1961 School closes
1969 Building is razed


West side of Tekoppel Ave, between Austin and Hartmetz
District: Perry Township
Latitude: 37.972515
Longitude: -87.619368
View map of nearby sites




not in 1897 map perry twp school number 8 first appears in 1905 cd Rheinlander school was opened as Perry Township School District No. 8

rebuilt 1915 and later referred to as simply Rheinlander No. 8 rhinelander opened 1915 as best and most modern school in perry tp two-room school with no indoor plumbing built for western factory district Bucyrus Erie w side of tekoppel near claremont (5 blocks south of l&N RR out by levee levee cuts through old playground

annexed in 50s and became part of EVSC c1958 closed 1961

used as storage several years razed 1969 bought by st vincent depaul same site as st vincent depaul

See also Schools / Education Perry Township district

Research notes

+ Show research notes