View all images of Olivet St Cumberland Presbyterian
|1895||Chapel is built|
|1912||Moves to new church|
The church's origins began in 1890 as a Sunday school of the Jefferson Ave Cumberland Presbyterian church. The mission was turned over to the Chestnut St Cumberland Presbyterian in 1892. The church buys a lot in 1893 near the corner of Morris and Olive Streets and later builds chapel which was dedicated Dec. 23, 1895.
Olive St Cumberland Presbyterian was officially organized June 7, 1900.
When the Presbyterian and Cumberland churches merged, it became known as just Olive St Presbyterian.
The growing church demanded a new facility and in 1912 a new church was built neaby on Walnut St. When the church moved it was renamed Olivet Presbyterian. The church was razed c1920 <1962 and replaced by a house