Search

Historic Evansville

The definitive site for all things historic in Evansville

Millers Clubhouse

Millers Clubhouse

RAZED

Millers Clubhouse

View all images of Millers Clubhouse


a.k.a. Crockford Club House

Evansville, IN

Quick Timeline

1891 Club house built
c1920 Razed

Location

District:
Latitude: 37.963575
Longitude: -87.543725
View map of nearby sites


Architecture


History


Comments

crockford club house Miller & Weil sketch 5-23-1891 out the washington line opening 6=7-1891 pleasure park owned by john miller wash and RR reopened with just miller 1892 noted gambling club largely a failure across from tri state fairgrounds re grand openings 1900/1901 apr 1909 proposed new home of auto club pic 12/11/1907ejn p25 closed 1907 gone by 1912 bought by f grote manufacturing new plant next to OV RR (later IC) 1st floor 5 reception rooms, drawing rooms, bar, kitchen; 2nd flooor help but large room for guests to view races large ground around club house grotes grove (plant ever built?)


See also

The New Club House - Evansville Courier (5/3/1891)
John Miller, gambler, dies in alms house; owned notorious place here - Evansville Journal (5/11/1925)
HistoricEvansville.com: Parks / Recreational
HistoricEvansville.com: district

Research notes

+ Show research notes