View all images of Lambert D Johnson
|1929||House is built|
In 1928 Lambert D Johnson Sr bought the old Bernardin residence and land which was next to his father's house. Johnson relocated the home nearby to Boeke Ave and soon built a large English tudor house. The house designed by Chester Walcot (Chicago) was completed in 1929.
After his parents passed away, Johnson moved into his father's home in 1944/1949 to downsize. The house was deemed too big to maintain and sat vacant with no prospective buyers. It was razed in January 1955, and the area was turned into Johnson Place subdivision 1956 not long after his death.