View all images of Bernardin-Johnson House
|1916||House is built|
Emma Bernardin (daughter of Alfred E Sr) built her house in 1916 on Outer Lincoln Originally by itself with 508 S Boeke (later moved) fronting Lincoln Ave. 1917 by clifford shopbell
It was bought by Edward Mead Johnson, founder of Mead Johnson, in 1920 with 10 acres of land. At that time, the home was remodeled
Mr Johnson died in 1934 and his wife in 1943 at which time their son Lambert D Johnson Sr bought the house. His family moved in around 1944 from their residence next door which was too big to maintain (it was later torn down for that same reason) After Johnson passed away, a subdivision was developed in 1956 around the house. This premier subdivision, known as Johnson Place, gave the home its new address of 17 Johnson Pl. His wife sold the house and built a new (and presumably smaller) home on one of the lots.