View all images of Good Shepherd Episcopal
|1873||Church is built|
|1893||Becomes spiritualist church|
|c1990||Converted into apartments|
Frame structure in the Gothic style 26 x 86 seats about 200 small spire and belfry with gilt cross
The Chapel of the Good Shepherd was a mission established by St Paul's Episcopal for the Lamasco area. It was organized 1868 and met in the Lamasco Engine House until a church was built in 1873 The Gothic style church was a modest chapel with the entrance facing Michingan St. It was consecrated November 12, 1873.
The Episcopal mission church was given up and the property was sold to the Evansville Society of Spiritualists in December 1893. The Spiritualist Society was organized Nov 26 1892, and the church was thereafter known as the Spiritualists Temple.
Around 1925 it was renamed Union Spiritualist church (merger?)
The Spiritualist Church was still around 1984. Later closed? Now a residence? owned by cornerstone marshallese assembly of god?