View all images of Cherry Branch Library
|1914||Library opens serving the black community|
The Cherry Branch Library was built in 1914. It opened in December 1914 as the first branch library exclusively for blacks north of Ohio River.
The EVPL sold the library in 1955 and it becomes boy scouts Buffalo Trace Council headquarters; the building (515 Cherry St.) was originally a Carnegie Library built for use by African-Americans; photo dated September 10, 1964
Razed c1970 for welborn renewal hospital addition