View all images of Old Cedar Hall School
|1892||School opens as Blankenburg School|
|1917||Addition paralleling Fulton Ave and|
|1918||School renamed to Emma Roach School|
|1927||Two wings flanked Fulton Ave addition|
|1953||School renamed Cedar Hall and additions built|
|2010||New school built and old buildings razed|
It has a large archway but the tower is set back. over the main part of the roof, one part of which is massive and the other is plain. It is substantial and has sufficient ground around it to make it attractive.
Blankenburg School opens in 1892 blankenburg School No 3 1895 cd
In 1918, school is renamed Emma Roach School in honor of the school's first principal
Four additions, School moves (new address)? in 1924 auditorium and gymnasium additions
Nicknamed the "roachies", the school was in need of another name change. In 1953, the school changes names to Cedar Hall emma roach remodeled and changed to cedar hall 50s expansion closes Cedar St 1980 became k-6 1917 addition 1954 sanborn 25th between (keller and gavitt) 26th (between gavitt and allen (cedar)) where gym now is 1917 addition built parellelling fulton and auditorium in rear of old school neoclassical shopbell & co 1927 two wings flanked fulton addition 1953 wings added north and northwest 1954 gym newest entrance added >1962
New school built spring summer 2010. old school razed mid july through august and students in new building for school year Interestingly the contractors demolishing the building commented how it would take several weeks since it was so well built.