Historic Evansville

The definitive site for all things historic in Evansville

B'nai Moshe

B'nai Moshe


B'nai Moshe

View all images of B'nai Moshe

a.k.a. B'nai Moses

a.k.a. Ingle Street Synagogue

621 Ingle St
Evansville, IN

Quick Timeline

1880 Synaogue built
1922 Bnai Moshe moves to old church on 3rd St
<1962 razed


Southeast side of Ingle St between 6th St and 7th St
District: Downtown
Latitude: 37.97638
Longitude: -87.570911
View map of nearby sites




bnai moses/moshe jewish congregation instituted 1868, 1870 1870 orthodox built 1880 ingle st between 6th and 7th J on 1888 map? adath split off c1900 still on ingle in [1922] 20 B'nae Moshe Hebrew 621 Ingle ST 1910 Ingle 24 B'nai Moshe Jewish Ingle St. Between 6th & 7th 1882 - 1909 Ingle

The congregation moved to old First Baptist church January 1, 1922. The building at 3rd and Cherry was for sale synagogue for sale late 1921 later spiritualist church of science [1923] / first church of spiritual science still there around 1928 (gone by 1932?)

social club for the blind 1945 B'nai Moshe disbanded in 1947 tied to mt sanai (still maintains it) The building was razed by 1962

See also Churches / Religion Downtown district

Research notes

+ Show research notes