View all images of Bethlehem Evangelical Church
|1924||Church replaces old building|
|1960||Education wing added|
replaced hookerville methodist church church was founded 1880s first met in Hooker School schoolhouse The Bethelehem Evangelical and Reformed Church was establishedorganized purchased abandoned building 1906 bethlehem evangelical and reformed church
A new church was built 1924 to facilitate the growing congregation. The bell came from old Emmanuel Church near Cypress (union twp?)
merger between the evangelical and reformed 1935 and the church was renamed bethlehem evangelical and Reformed 1951 enlarged
In 1960 the church was remodeled and an education wing was added in the rear.
In 1961, following a denominational merger, Bethelehem Evangelical and Reformed Church was renamed Bethlehem United Church of Christ