A vew of the old Opera House at First and Locust photographed in 1872. It was later improved and known as the People's Theater. To the extreme left is a vacant space which was at that time the yard of the Shanklin residence (now the McCurdy). In the foreground is shown the top of the fence in front of the Bray residence. The store room to the right of the Opera House entrance was that of H A Cook
Evansville Opera House
|Source: ||Evansville Courier - 2/11/1923|
|Date Taken: ||1872|
View full image
When sharing, please be sure to note the source as several of our photos come from others.