Search

Historic Evansville

The definitive site for all things historic in Evansville

Perry Township School No. 4

Perry Township School No. 4

View all images of Perry Township School No. 4


a.k.a. White School

4301 Broadway Ave
Evansville, IN

Quick Timeline

1927 School built
1936 Addition built in rear
1973 School closes
1980 Converted into New Bethel Southern Baptist

Location

Northwest corner of Broadyway (Lower Mt Vernon Rd) and Red Bank Rd
District: Perry Township
Latitude: 37.961016
Longitude: -87.628646
View map of nearby sites


Architecture


History


Comments

perry township school c1854 (next to white house) white house school near middle mt vernon (between jobes lane and broadway) and red bank (between lloyd and ogden) also white's school and White House School new school 1897

new building built 1927

addition 1936 gym auditorium and additional classrooms

acquired by evsc in 1950s when area of city was annexed

The school was closed in june 1973 kids sent to daniel wertz white school community club?

later new bethel southern baptist 1980 (previously at 1624 s helfrich)


See also

HistoricEvansville.com: Schools / Education
HistoricEvansville.com: Perry Township district

Research notes

+ Show research notes