View all images of Union Township School No. 2
|c1836||Union Twp No 2 school is built|
|1952||Barker School closes|
Union Township School #2 was nicknamed Barker No. 2 after William Barker who donated the land. It was situated behind (west of) an old church and in front (east) of its cemetery.
Sometime around 1910 the school burned down, but it was rebuilt. This is the two-story building (shown here) most remember as Barker School.
The school closed after Christmas break during the 1952-3 school year, once the new Union Township School was built.
The school was torn down c1960 and only the foundation remains.