View all images of St. Matthew's UCC
|1914||Church is built|
|1951||New church replaces old structure|
st matthews evangelical was an outgrowth of Zion Evangelical church sunday school into congregation begun in 1909 at Harwood School organized 1914 original church/school built 1916 adjacent to present one 4/28/17 +pic http://docs.newsbank.com/openurl?ctx_ver=z39.88-2004&rft_id=info:sid/iw.newsbank.com:EANX-NB&rft_val_format=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&rft_dat=1455123BAE52F2A0&svc_dat=HistArchive:ahnpdoc&req_dat=0F92E9E8E118A68E 12/3/16ec +sketch looks like school (still there?) sunday school aka avondale
rectory built 10/24/1937 on first ave at allen's ln (s of church? where parking lot is) 2913 n first? sketch 11/19/43 ep but delayed? war?
new sanctuary in 1951
new addition combining the the hall and church built 1968 educational building 1968 by anderson & loer
parsonage torn down (by EVSC) for parking lot