View all images of Old St. Mary's
|1894||Hospital relocates from original location|
|1956||St Mary's moves to current Washington Ave complex|
|1960||Building is razed|
An addition on the Columbia St side was built in 1922.
Circa 1947 a nurses' home was built on the southeast corner of First and Delaware. The old Polsdorfer home was razed to make way for the U-shaped building. It still sands as part of the St Vincents campus, though the old entrance has been bricked up.
On March 10, 1956, St Mary's moved to the new building on outer Washington Ave (all in one day).
The vacant building was demolished in 1960, although the addition is still there serving as medical offices. Hacienda restaurant now stands on the former site. EVPL ebook Evansville - Special Industrial Edition of the Courier - August 1899