View all images of Salt Pool
The Salt Pool was opened in 1894 and managed by Dr Edward C Cluthe. It was located at the foot of Mt Auburn Hill on the west side. It was approximately 1 block west of Pigeon Creek on Bismark Ave (now a section of Buchanan Rd) near the old Vanderburgh County Humane Society.
By 1922, it was called Fritzlar mineral springs.
The pool went dry in 1937 and closed.