View all images of Redeemer Lutheran School
|1924||Opens as school|
Land bought 1922 when near Bosse and east branch library for south side as mission of Trinity Lutheran, plan for church later Opened as mission school in 1924. Designed by cram & ferguson (boston) with russ & karges local architects. built by scarborough & davies designed to be added onto - a series of church departments two stories and basement including a combined chapel and assembly hall ashlar stone green slate roof work begun apr 1924 after revision to plans east branch trinity lutheran school first unit in a series h gilbert karges (plans redone?) leading firm church design lutheran 1st story large social hall under roof july opens for school 9/2/24 formal dedication later 10/12 10/5? when finish work was completed
Became Redeemer Lutheran Church and School when new congregation held services in Summer 1928. Redeemer Lutheran Chapel Was a branch of Trinity Lutheran school for east side residents. Expanded 6/11/1928 church and school (additional school rooms) A $35,000 addition designed by Fowler & Karges adjoining on the east of similar architectural style ashlar masonry 2 story and basement announced may 1928 fowler & karges new addition dedicated 12/2/1928
enlarged school 1948 dedicated 9/12 http://local.evpl.org/views/viewimage.asp?ID=674021
Parish outgrew facility and in 1955 built new Redeemer Church on Lincoln Ave near UE. The church moved but building still used as school.
Operated as school until 1971 when Lutheran schools consolidated. Evansville Lutheran School formed and is located near St Paul's on E Michigan.