View all images of Old YWCA
|c1920||YWCA combines several residences|
|1928||YWCA moves to new facility next door.
Museum moves in to temp site after Barnes Mansion is razed
|1959||Evansville Museum moves to present home on Riverside|
|1960s||Building is razed|
The Old YWCA was housed in the old Joseph Setchell residence sketch 4/18/09ec http://docs.newsbank.com/openurl?ctx_ver=z39.88-2004&rft_id=info:sid/iw.newsbank.com:EANX-NB&rft_val_format=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&rft_dat=144EFE0C8F17AD90&svc_dat=HistArchive:ahnpdoc&req_dat=0F92E9E8E118A68E
Between 1927-28, the YWCA builds a new facility next door and moves out.
In April 1928, the Evansville Musuem moves in to the building. For the first time since the Barnes Mansion was razed in 1910, the museum finally has a home again. The items that were distributed among schools and public buildings reunite at the museum's new and temporary location.
The museum moves to its present home on Riverside Dr in 1959 once the new building is complete. The building was razed <1962. The site is now a parking lot.