View all images of Old St. Boniface School
|1923||Used as ? when school moves to new building|
|1951||Razed for parking lot|
St Boniface parish outgrew its temporary school about a block away from the church and built a beautiful building with an imposing exterior at the corner of Wabash and Michigan. The six-room building cost $10,000 and was dedicated in December 1885. The sisters' home was also in the school until they got their own building in 1907.
The school served the parish well until 1923 when it was replaced with the new school. The old building had no heat and no lights and was not usable.
The old, nineteenth-century schoolhouse sat vacant until it was eventually razed in 1951. The old lot was paved 1957 as the church's parking lot.