Historic Evansville

The definitive site for all things historic in Evansville

Naas-Sanderson Co

Naas-Sanderson Co


Naas-Sanderson Co

View all images of Naas-Sanderson Co

401 Fulton Ave, formerly 301-5 Fulton Ave
Evansville, IN

Quick Timeline

1914 built
1937 large addition
c1990 razed


Northeast corner of Ohio St (RR)
District: Downtown
Latitude: 37.976807
Longitude: -87.581026
View map of nearby sites




RR + switch replaced old ja reitz home 1913 and built 1914 opposite L & N Union Station

3 story brick wholesale commission house completed spring 1914 produce 1915 sanderson bought out naas but kept name sold 1922 when got into sand business oswald-sparrenberger co later S Kahn Sons by 1925 moved from 22 s first early 1925 after remodeling old warehouse wholesale grocers s kahn's sons s kahn and sons

1937 large addition (to left/north or rear?) 401-11 Fulton large fire 1941 Kahn Grocery warehouse is swept by raging fire EP 5/22/41

in 1963 bought s kahns sons was bought by Louisville Grocery Co and the division here was named Diamond Food and Coffee Co

bought 1966 by creative press reduced to two story warehouse advertising agency design dept and press dept addition to front 1967

razed >2007 <2010 by state

See also Businesses / Commercial Downtown district

Research notes

+ Show research notes