View all images of Gilbert Hospital
|1897||Gilbert Hospital opens|
|1910||Building is vacated when hospital moves to new location|
|1913||Building is remodeled and becomes apartments|
The Mary Jane Gilbert Sanitarium was begun by Dr. William H Gilbert in November 1897 in honor of his wife.
In 1910, the hospital moved to its new location at Riverdside and Walnut.
Remodeled and converted into Gilbert apartments 1913 ejn 8/3/13 floor is removed and convertd into 6 apartments plans by Manson Gilbert
By 1962, the building minus its 3rd story. Even today, the building preserves much of its original appearance.