View all images of River Bend
|1911||Building is erected|
this building was constructed in 1911 for Jacob Folz Jr from plans by the j folz building Clifford Shopbell & Company architectural firm, the successor of the Harris and Shopbell office. The facade featured white glazed brick and Chicago-style banks of windows. On its completion, the two- story-wide building was occupied by the Schuler Implement Company under a long-term tenancy which was extended into the late 1920s. One of the west side's largest real estate owners, Jacob Folz Jr was a director of the West Side Bank, the proprietor of a tile factory, and the owner and operator of a West Franklin grocery and saloon business.
11 - jacob j folz jr commercial block