View all images of Forest Hills Wesleyan
|1949||Church is built|
|c1968||Renamed Forest Hills Wesleyan|
|c1990||Family center built across Claremont|
|2011||Church burns in fire|
Forest Hills Pilgrim Holiness Church was organized in 1919 They borrowed the name "Forest Hill" from a street that used to exist on the West Side? or just the area around Reitz. It met in various locations until it built the church on Claremont Avenue in 1949. A parsonage was built across Sonntag around the same time at 2745 Claremont Ave.
Church renamed Forest Hills Wesleyan c1968 when Pilgrim Holiness church merges into the Wesleyan church.
Sometime around 1990, the congregation builds a new family life center with gym across the street at 2745 Claremont Ave.
The church was burned in an overnight fire January 2, 2011 and later razed in May after investigation.