View all images of First Presbyterian
|1873-4||Church is built|
|1909||Renamed Grace Memorial after merging with Chestnut St Church|
|1926||Renamed First Presbyterian after Walnut St Presbyterian merges|
The church building, at the corner of SE 2nd and Mulberry was formally dedicated on September 13, 1874. Vine Street Presbyterian moved from its old location and was then renamed Grace Presbyterian.
Chestnut St Church sold its property to the Scottish Rite and merged with Grace Presbyterian in 1909. The church was subsequently renamed Grace Memorial Presbyterian.
In 1926, Walnut Street Presbyterian merged with Grace to become First Presbyterian. The two churches, which both had ties to the "Little Church on the Hill", finally rejoined forces after a theological division in 1837 caused their split. gothic revival robert boyd architect contemporary chapel built c1960 (>1962) replaced old house (609 se)