Historic Evansville

The definitive site for all things historic in Evansville

Crown Pottery Co

Crown Pottery Co
Crown Pottery Co

View all images of Crown Pottery Co

772/774 e division, formerly ~2250 Division
Evansville, IN

Quick Timeline

1888 built
1902 expanded
2010 Building is razed


Northeast corner of Crown and Division
District: Manufacturing
Latitude: 37.97738
Longitude: -87.551647
View map of nearby sites




crown pottery since 1888/1891/1902 conflicting dates benninghof uhl & pottery co (separate from uhl) 1884 1884-21b fronting division (across from old 2227) same or rebuilt? manufacturers of white granite and c c ware incorporated 1891 as crown pottery both buildings there in 1895 map expanded in 1902 / rebuilt? crown potteries co later crown sanitary pottery co eventually merged with peerless pottery closed c1960 vacant until 1964 bought by james v stagg for commercial rental (did same with hoosier cardinal) two buildings with kilns between now tappan rear building torn down summer 2010

See also Businesses / Commercial Manufacturing district

Research notes

+ Show research notes