Historic Evansville

The definitive site for all things historic in Evansville

Blount Plow Works

Blount Plow Works


Blount Plow Works

View all images of Blount Plow Works

N Main St, originally 1400-1420 Main St
Evansville, IN

Quick Timeline

1881 built
1970 razed


West side of N Main between Illinois and Franklin
District: North Main
Latitude: 37.979656896147
Longitude: -87.564296722412
View map of nearby sites




eventually burch plow moved to north side off us 41 in late 60s site great scot is now Buehlers Buy Low established 1867 by henry f blount and james urie moved to newer plant plant on 5th and locust > 1874 1867 and 1881 and plow works in parapet moved to new plant 1881 (in parapet) 1888-3 Blount Plow Co main between illinois and franklin office and works for henry f blount, stretched from Illinois to Franklin along main, where super market parking lot now is moved off US 41 late 1960s razed 1970 great scot (now buehlers)

See also Businesses / Commercial North Main district

Research notes

+ Show research notes