View all images of Bible Baptist
A Baptist mission church was built in 1941 on Fourth St between Franklin and Illinois. The Mission Baptist Church was located on the former site of Webers malt house / surprise bed spring co.
In 1945, the church is renamed Bible Baptist Church (sometimes just called Bible Church)
In 1965 Bible Baptst and Temple Baptist came together?. The church relocates to 8800 westside expy (in the former evv baptist temple) in 1964. At the same time, Barker Ave Christian moves here temporarily while a new chapel is being built on Red Bank Rd. The church is officially renamed West Side Christian and relocates in August 1965 to their present site.
Greater St James Missionary Baptist Church 1965 (different than st james MB at 1808 n fourth)
Greater St James Missionary Baptist relocates to new church on Elliott St 1984
now Johnson Temple Church of God